The first 24 hours are gone. They went by quickly, and I didn’t get as much done as I would have liked. I’ve over-generalized everything, which isn’t really a good idea for this situation. Not only that, but Haxe (the language I’m using) is still rather new, has no libraries for anything similar to roguelikes, and has very odd syntax for 2d arrays. So, basically I’m starting from scratch with no helper libraries. Also, this will be my first, ‘real’ roguelike.
Despite all this, I managed to get a few things done. Dungeon generation is 50% complete, I have classes for the player and monsters, with stats set up, and I’m working on movement code. Here is a screenshot I shared earlier on twitter: